This page sets out the rules for the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2022.
Please make sure you read these rules carefully and understand all points prior to submitting a nomination.
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards recognises the impact of entrepreneurs across the UK. The Awards celebrate disruptive, innovative businesses through a regional heat, followed by a national final held in London. By nominating an individual or business for an award, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. “Barclays”, “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank UK PLC and Barclays Bank PLC. “The Promoter" means Barclays Bank UK PLC and Barclays Bank PLC.
Who may enter?
2. There are two award classes for the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2022.
2.1 People’s Choice Award – this is voted for by the public and is open nomination
2.2 Business Category Awards – these are voted for by UK-based companies who meet the following criteria:
- United Kingdom residents
- Have a UK business
- Be registered/established in the UK
- Have a UK based trading address
- Have a UK based key official or senior manager
- Be able to evidence UK trade
How to enter
Business Category Awards
To enter the business category awards
3. You can nominate individuals or UK businesses for an award from 10am on 06 June 2022 until midnight on 01 July 2022. Entries made outside of this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be registered.
3.1. Entry into the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards is free. To enter the awards, you must:
- Visit the URL, create only one log-in for the nominations by clicking the 'log in' button, once logged in click on 'Nominations' to create and submit nominations.
- You will need to complete the relevant online entry form provided by submitting information about the nominee against each question and providing your full name, email address and phone number.
4. Lost, delayed, incomplete or multiple entries by the same nominator for the same business or individual will not be counted for this award.
5. Entries with obscenities, of a defamatory nature, including any additional personal details (e.g. address or bank details), or infringe any third-party rights will be excluded from the awards.
6. Award finalists attending the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards on Thursday, 03 November 2022, will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses.
People’s Choice Award
To enter the People’s Choice award
7. You can vote for a shortlisted business for the People’s Choice award from 8am on 01 September 2022 until midnight on 30 September 2022. Entries made outside of this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be submitted.
7.1 Entries for the People’s Choice Award is free. To vote, you must:
- Visit the URL and only vote once using a valid email address. You may not vote more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices, or use automated tools or bots in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your vote(s) may be cancelled or removed at the sole discretion of Barclays.
Lost, delayed, incomplete or multiple entries by the same nominator for the same business or individual will not be counted for this award.
8. The award winners will each win a commemorative trophy in recognition of their achievements (the "Prize").
9. The Prize has no cash equivalent, and no alternatives will be offered. The Prize and participation in the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards cannot be exchanged or transferred. However, in the event that the Prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
Selecting the Winners
People’s Choice Award selection:
10. There will be one winner for the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2022 People’s Choice Award category. The winner will be the business with the highest number of valid votes by the closing date, and the final winner will be announced on the day of the awards ceremony.
Business Category Awards selection:
11. The shortlisted nominations will be chosen from all eligible entries by a judging panel the week commencing 12 September 2022 and final winners will be announced on the day of the awards ceremony.
There will be one winner within each of the following categories, and details of the category requirements are available in full on the website:
- Start-up Award, sponsored by Freshbooks
- Scale-up Award, sponsored by Propel
- Social Award, sponsored by Smart Pension
- Sustainability Award, sponsored by MarketFinance
- International Expansion of the Year, sponsored by Barclays
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award
- Games Award
- Barclaycard Next Level Award
12. Barclays will try to notify the shortlisted nominees by email and phone call by 05 August 2022. Barclays reserve the right to remove any entrant selected as the nominee if:
12.1 if any entrant cannot be reached by telephone within twenty four (24) hours of us sending an email notifying the entrant that they have won; or
12.2. we reasonably believe that the nominee has directly or indirectly broken one of these rules;
12.3. the nominated business ceases to trade or disposes of the whole or a substantial part of its business
12.4. Barclays reasonably believes that the nomination could risk damaging or could be detrimental to the reputation of Barclays or the Barclays Marks or the reputation of the Award or in any way affects the good name or goodwill of Barclays;
13. The winner of each category will receive their award on the day of the awards ceremony. In the unlikely event that a winner is unable to attend the awards ceremony, it is expected that a suitable and mutually agreed substitute will collect the award on the winners behalf. If a substitute cannot be agreed, the award will be posted to the successful individuals within 14 days of the awards ceremony.
14. The judges selection of the winners is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. Barclays reserves the right to publish the name, associated company name, logo and image of the winner(s) after the awards event.
16. Notwithstanding the publication of the name, company and image of the shortlisted nominees and award winner(s) after the awards event, Barclays Bank UK Plc and Barclays Bank PLC will only collect, store and use personal information of nominators and nominees, such as name, age, telephone number and email address for the purposes of administering the award event as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This information is accessible by Barclays Bank UK Plc and Barclays Bank PLC offices subject to local laws and regulations. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences that you have registered with Barclays.
17. By entering the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards, you acknowledge that your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the awards event. We will never pass your information to any third party for them to use in their own direct marketing, without your consent.
18. With the exception of the successful winners, the personal information of all nominators and nominees will be held on record for a short period of time as necessary to administer the awards event and then securely destroyed. The names, associated company name and images of the award winners will be held for a period of 6 years.
19. To the extent permitted by law, Barclays will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with awards event (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.
20. The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn. You agree to release Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn from any liability associated with the Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2022.
21. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, Barclays may choose to withdraw or amend the awards event.
22. By submitting an entry, you warrant that all information submitted as part of the entry is true, current and complete. Barclays reserves the right to verify all entries.
23. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of these Awards.
24. The Promoter is Barclays Bank UK PLC and Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP